12/09/2013

Witchy Halloween

I started this card not exactly sure how it would turn out.  The sketch was provided by Isabelle Doucette owner of Let's Capture Our Memories.  As part of the design team I wanted to ensure I did a good job...I am always nervous about DT work!

I created the polorid type picture look by using Spellbinder rectangle And square dies.  I took the centre out and found the stamp that would fit inside and still be a cute image.  I used stampin up special occasions stamp set.  I coloured the image with copics sketch and spica markers.  These are the colours I used:

The outside of the Polaroid picture I used Swiss dots to emboss with black dots (I used black CTMH to color the inside of the cuttlebug folder).  At the same time I used a jagged edge cuttlebug folder to create the background for the main image.  

I used Chillington Manor from Echo Park!  They continue to creat paper in the industry that is excellent!  
All of the paper except the cardstock is from that line.  The brads are American Crafts that were ones I had from another project that was at least a year old.  The ribbon came from a spool I had bought at Mardens Discount store.  The sentiment is also from the All Occasions stamp set from Stampin Up.  




Living as rural as we do, often the products we purchase are from other companies or mail order companies as its all we have that is ready at hand.  I love nothing more than getting to the city and shopping for scrappy goodies!  I would recommend trying out Let's Capture our Memories because once you place your online order it's shipped in no time and Iso is so wonderful at answering questions!  Go ahead and get addicted.......we all have:)


No card is complete without a finished inside.  I do finish the inside of all my cards; however, I don't always take photos to show them :). Maybe I will get better at that part!  Have a scrap happy day and I look forward to meeting more of you online at the LCOM forum!
Cheers,
T


No comments:

Post a Comment