23/09/2013

Peeking Out AHSC # 22

This sketch immediately made me think of animals peeking out a tree trunk!  I love this cute sketch!
I sure hope it inspires you to come over to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and try out the amazing sketches for yourself!  


I used a Close to my Heart stamp set called All Bundled Up, aren't the animals are so stinking cute!  They are all bundled up ready to take on a nice warm cup of hot cocoa!  I used a giant wood grain stamp to emboss a textured wood feel.  The top layer was completed the same way, only I used a coaster from CTMH to give it some dimension.  I then chose a light brown shade to rub over the coaster.  i chose a dark brown shade to ink the edges of the card.  I first stamped the images on white cardstock, coloured them with a water based marker and then punched them out with a 1 inch circle punch.  I would note here that if you want to create this card I would suggest punching the circles from the cardstock with a larger punch.  It was a bit difficult to line up the circles with the coaster in the end. Before adhering to the base, I inked around the circles with the light brown ink.  


After embossing the sentiment with sparkly black embossing powder, I tied some brown twine from The Twinery around the top.  I used dimensionals on the coaster to help pop the focus of the card and voila- card created for the awesome sketch from AHSC!  

Have a super day creating!  The sun is out but there was frost on our vehicle this morning!  Brrrrr...
Cheers,
T


No comments:

Post a Comment